What is this job all about?
The ideal candidate will display strong experience working with data pipelines, transforming, and manipulating data,
and building reports. Work will be split between development and design; taking raw business data into reportable,
actionable information for our customers; delivering high-quality BI reports.
Additionally, you will assess organizational opportunities to integrate new systems, shaping the long-term strategic
roadmap and short-term tactical solutions.
- Architect end-to-end BI solutions
- Think strategically about the uses of data and how data use interacts with data design.
- Navigate various data sources, craft, and execute database queries.
- Develop data models, create fact, and dimension tables.
- Build Power BI reports
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation.
- Service the needs of many varied internal and external clients.
PREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- MUST HAVE POWER BI & DAX EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience as a BI Developer; industry experience is preferred.
- Understand how to work with many kinds of data sources and how to bring data to life.
- Understand complex logic and solve data issues with sound technical solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of database design and data modelling (e.g., dimensional modelling)
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL
- Proven experience with gathering technical requirements, business process management, providing support
& training users.
- Proven experience with MS Power BI, MS Excel, DAX, M
- Technical skills with SQL Server stack (SSMS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, SSIS) a plus
- Experience manipulating reports through .NET API a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision as well as work on a team and balance
work among different players.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, prioritize and manage open workload, report deviation
from the plan in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate technical issues and solutions to non-technical users and executive.
- SQL, Power BI: 2+ years
- Database design and modelling: 2+ years