What is this job all about?
Writers who want to work at the cutting edge of Cloud, Automation, BI & AI. If you are motivated, a self-starter, take
pride in your work & have an extraordinarily strong sense of responsibility & delivering on your commitments, then
it's a perfect fit for you.
- Create in-depth user guides, FAQs, technical overviews, and in-product help documentation.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and nontechnical
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency.
- Identify problem areas or structural deficiencies and proactively contribute to their improvement.
- Regular use of a content management system (CMS) to manage the lifecycle of technical documentation
including draft, review, and publishing phases.
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos,
guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client
- Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest reader comprehension.
PREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English, writing, or
- 2+ years of core technical writing experience.
- SaaS experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product.
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced,
- Analytics Platforms: Google Analytics
- Experience in presenting technical information in a live setting, such as classroom training, presentations, or